It’s always best to talk things through with an experienced debt adviser before you decide to take out a Debt Relief Order.
This is because the debt solution is best for you depends on your personal circumstances and might not be this one.
Debt advisers can help you make the right decisions so most of your money will go to paying off your debts.
Which means you could be debt free sooner than you thought.
A debt adviser will:
- treat everything you say in confidence
- never judge you or make you feel bad about your situation
- suggest ways of dealing with debts that you might not know about
- check you have applied for all the benefits and entitlements available to you
- always make sure you are comfortable with your decision.
Three quarters of people who get debt advice feel more in control of their finances afterwards.
With some debt advice services, you can go through the options and make a decision by yourself if that’s what you prefer.