Water providers know that many customers will need help during the pandemic, and they can offer you support.
This will depend on your circumstances and could include:
- payment breaks or payment holiday (sometimes called a payment freeze)
- special schemes, such as social tariffs
- adjusting your payment plan to cope with a drop in household finances
- offering advice on benefits and managing debts, especially if you haven’t struggled financially before
- stopping new court applications on unpaid bills and enforcement action during the current restrictions.
- finding out whether you qualify for charitable grants.
If you’re self-isolating and can’t leave the house, water companies will offer you other ways to pay your bill.
To find out what your supplier can offer, get in touch as soon as you can – and before you’ve missed a payment. Their contact details and more information will be on their website and on your bill.
More information for people living in England and Wales can be found on the CCW website
More information for people living in Scotland and Northern Ireland can be found on the Turn2Us website